Information I believe everyone needs to know:
We have made a lot of changes over the past four years and our students/teachers have the opportunity to benefit greatly from these changes. I would love to have family and community support in helping us strive for continued growth and strength academically, socially and emotionally. I arrived in the summer of 1997 and have heard the phrase, “ Well it’s Freedom” or ”what do you expect, it’s Freedom” from many of my students and adults in the community. While it saddens me that this is our mentality, I continue to pray and work hard to help make changes. Freedom has a lot to offer and I want to make sure I reach as many people as possible to brag about some of it. The next few years can make a difference in our community and our children’s lives if we as adults help change the mindset..
- WE ensure students have the opportunity attend Northwest Technology Center.
- WE help students who want to take concurrent enrollment at Northwestern Oklahoma State University.
- WE help students complete their FAFSA every year
- WE help students who need financial assistance in order to do extracurricular activities or even fees for college.
- WE help students in many ways and are always ready to help find ways for them to succeed.
- Our Juniors Take the ACT every year
- Our sophomores and upper grade levels (should they choose) take the ASVAB test ever year. While many think this is simply for military purposes it is a great Career Assessment Tool as well.
- All of our high school students do Career Assesments, Inventories, and set goals through the use of the Kuder Assessment provided by the Career Services of Oklahoma
- *This also includes our 8th graders through NWTC and Karen Koehn once a month.
- All new nechnology (laptops, hotspotrs, wiring, hubs, projectors, apple tv’s (for videos), document cameras, screens, and a new sound system in the auditorium.
- All new curriculum bot h in core subjects and electives. We have online and traditional tools to use as well as all the manipulatives for the curriculum. This includes new microscopes.
- Research Based Professional Development offered to all teachers through Model Schools Conference, Solution Tree and Nuts & Bolts as well as continuing opportunities through OSDE and other means.
WE have made these things happen because we care about our students and our community and want to build success. We have written grants to make this happen and will continue to work hard to support our school and community. WE appreciate all the support we have received from our community and look forward to building and contiuing more support in the future.